Today’s manufacturing enterprises rarely live in isolation. They need to be connected in order to create products from which a group of enterprises, called global-value-chain (GVC), can derive higher value. These chains need to communicate intelligently. This means, the production planning and control systems (known as Enterprise-Resources-Planning ERP) of the chain members should interoperate digitally without human intervention.
This applied research project is funded by the Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF), to create a software product serving the digital transformation, of the Egyptian manufacturing companies. Factories can thus plug in international manufacturing networks, expanding the target market for the Egyptian industry Being a plug-in component, for any system on the web, means a core feature of the developed software is loosely coupling. The following features are mandatory for loosely coupling:
• Relying on the SOA/ web services technology
• Services are invoked remotely independently of their technology, a third part centralized entity, and location
• The plug-in component does not impose any restrictions on the hosting ERP system
• The software is easily configurable to fit the member platform
1. About What is TED & TEDx?:
TED is a Non-Profit Organization that held an annual event to bring together the world's leading thinkers and doers to share ideas that matter in any discipline, for example in technology, entertainment, design, science, humanities, business and development … etc. The talks that are held at the conference in California are called: "TEDTalks" and latter these are made available to be watched on YOUTUBE for free on TED.com official channel.
TEDx Team Applications granted us the TEDx licenses and listed the management student Menna Hany on their website as one of the official organizers in Egypt (http://www.ted.com/profiles/5641541 ).
In the spirit of "ideas worth spreading", TED has created TEDx, a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
These local, self-organized events are branded: TEDx, where x= independently organized TED event.
The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. Speakers must tell a story and argue for an idea using credible proof.
They may not use the TEDx stage to sell products, promote themselves, or advance notions that cannot be defended with well-founded evidence.
TEDxMSAUniversity aims at shining the light on those ideas out there that are worthy of being heard those ideas will be shared with people in the hopes of inspiring them to do the same, as well as better themselves, their community, country and, yes you guessed it, ultimately the world.
Spreading knowledge and new ideas through organizing a series of TEDxMSAUniversity events while our speakers cover a spectrum of disciplines introducing ideas, positing solutions and applying them to our community for people to relate to we will create a community of bright minds to develop our country.
• Menna Hany-Founder
• Mohamed Samir Co-Founder
5. Club History:
TEDxMSAUniversity in 2017.
TEDxMSAUniversity did their first event in 2017 with the theme “Transcedence” bringing 10 speakers to MSA:
1. Dr. Nader El-Bokle
2. Mr. George Atef
3. Amr Fahmy
4. Mr.Ahmed Reda
5. Dr.Khaled Zidan
6. Ms. Mariam Tagoury
7. Eng. Alaa EL-Nady
8. Dr. Abeer Fahim
9. Eng. Ahmed Samir
10. Ms. Yasmine Youssef
Facebook: TEDxMSAUniversity page
Radiosonde balloon born:
MSA has been funded from STDF in Dec 2018 to implement Radiosonde balloon Device on two years by the faculty of Engineering under the supervision of Dr Said Mabrouk who is the PI of the project, Radiosonde is one time used device used by the air metrological Authority to measure different parameter in the different upper layers up to 30 Km upwards, Egypt imports about 5000 device annually , therefore group of MSA students in the faculty of Engineering has implemented prototype for this device as graduation project with great success under supervision of Dr said mabrouk .
1- Faculty of Engineering:
• Sherif Kamel Hussein, “A Microcontroller Based Smart Helmet Using GSM &GPS Technology in Construction Sites”, IJCERT, International Journal of Computer Engineering in Research Trends, E-ISSN: 2349-7084, Volume-5, Issue-2, March 2018, Regular Edition. PP 65-71
• Samer I. Mohamed, Youssef Youssf, (2018), “Enhanced model-Free deep Q-Learning Based control”, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) e-ISSN: 2278-0661, p-ISSN: 2278-8727, Volume 20, Issue 1, Ver. III (Jan.- Feb.018), PP 23-32.
• Zeinab K. Fouda, Ahmed A. Ibrahim, Mahmoud A. Abdalla,”High Selective SRR-Based Narrow Band Filter with 0º Feed Structure”, 35th NATIONAL RADIO SCIENCE CONFERENCE (NRSC 2018), March 20 – 22, 2018.
2- Faculty of Computer Science:
• Record linkage approaches in big data: A state of art study RMA El-Ghafar, MH Gheith, AH El-Bastawissy, ES Nasr Computer Engineering Conference (ICENCO), 2017 13th International, 224- 230.
• Abou-El-Enien, Tarek HM, and Shereen Fathy El-Feky. "Compromise Solutions for Fuzzy Multi-Level Multiple Objective Decision Making Problems." American Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 8.1 (2018): 1-14.
3- Faculty of Biotechnology:
• Majcen, N., Mohsen, R., Snowden, M. J., Mitchell, J. C., & Voncina, B. (2018). The development of a novel smart material based on colloidal microgels and cotton. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 256, 193-202. doi:10.1016/j.cis.2018.04.005.
• Ghaly, C. A., Bakaar, A., & Mohamed, A. F. (2018). Invitro assessment of anticancer activity of shrimp derived chitosan and related apoptotic profile alteration. Journal of the Egyptian Society of Parasitology, 48(2), 379-388.
A radiosonde is a meteorological instrument which, launched under a balloon, measures parameters such as pressure, temperature, humidity and wind (direction, velocity) in the atmosphere and transmits data to the ground station for further processing related to weather forecasting. This device is one time use since it is carried by the balloon that explodes at high altitude (20 Km high). Egyptian Meteorological Authority (EMA) is one of the main users and consumers of radiosonde devices. The proposed system as part of this research aims to overcome the current imported system drawbacks and weaknesses, improve performance and features, along with the economic and social benefits from the designing and implementing this device to serve and satisfy our national and regional needs. Thus, the main objective is designing and implementation of The Radiosonde Transmitter Device along with the ground station nationally in competitive cost compared to current imported systems.
Red Palm Weevils Eradicate Device:
As red palm weevils is huge problem in agriculture that affect the palm tree in Egypt and most of countries, Team from MSA graduate under supervision of Dr said Mabrouk has developed a device using safe electromagnetic waves to get rid of the weevils instead of using chemicals that is very harmful to the tree and the device has proved its success by testing it in many farms and analysis for the results in red palm weevils research center.
Automatic agriculture weather station:
First Egyptian agriculture weather station made in Egypt by MSA graduates from faculty of Engineering through their start up company “short circuit design co “ ,under supervision of Dr Said Mabrouk in by effective and competitive cost lower from the foreign stations by 60 % , this stations is used for measuring different parameters for weather and soil as temp , humidity , wind speed , wind direction , soil temp , soil moisture , EC , soil salenty and other parameter as needed , these parameters are sent on local server , web server ,or cloud as the clients need , many applications done on the data sent for diseases forecasting, calculating the Eto which indicates the water quantity required for irrigation , Fertilization status , affect and many different applications can be done for smart agriculture
MSA Model united nations is a simulation of the jnited nations. Students represent politicians after receiving sessions and discuss various topics.
MSAMUN aims to help students develop their soft skills under the umbrella of politics and diplomacy. Participants will implement the skills they develop in the conference where their development will be monitored and further development can be achieved.
• Marketing & PR
• Publication & IT
4. Brief club history:
• MSAMUN has hosted 9 conferences
• 2 national conferences
• Participated in 3 international conferences
• Received many awards over the course of participation
5. HB Structure:
Security General, Organizing Committee Head, Deputy Secretary General, Deputy Organizing Committee
Facebook: MSAMUN page
Luxor & Aswan "Opera Nile Cruise"
On 25 January 2019;
MSA arranged Nile cruise in Luxor and Aswan for 4 Days and 3 Nights, Full board (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and the transportation is via the 1st class express train.
Don't miss the chance to see the real beauty of Luxor and Aswan either in the nile or on the land as the seats are limited reserve your spot now by heading to the sports and social department at true GYM in building L.
For more information visit Social activities admission @ true gym
Dr. Salah A El hadi 01226833388