Additionally, it is designed with an emphasis on building cultural competency and diplomatic skills; expanding knowledge of world geography, cultures and political structures; increasing understanding of how national and international institutions tackle key global issues, such as universal access to education; and promoting sustained civic engagement. The first cycle of MSAJC included 20 students from 4 school over 5 days for Model European Union. As participants in the program, students achieved the following:
(1) Explore the mission, structure and function of the European Union;
(2) Learn how to write, amend and defend a policy resolution;
(3) Apply their research and critical thinking skills to specific global issues;
(4) Understand the role of diplomacy and deliberation in international affairs;
(5) Develop skills in conflict resolution, problem solving and cross-cultural communication.
MSA Junior Conferences tube :